Monday 7 September 2009

The money issue

Grandad gave me a money box today. With money in it!

I'm a little familiar with money, especially coins. In fact I'm pretty sure the only type of money is the coin variety. I found a fifty cent piece under dad's side of the bed and presented him with it bright and early one morning.

Money was on my mind all day.

When we went to the post office I had a ride in the Noddy car, but this time I held out my hand to mum and asked for some 'moneeey'. Mum said no.

Then we went to the grocery store, and I asked for some 'moneeey' to put in the guide dog (you know, those big yellow plastic dogs they have collecting money).

Then mum gave me a $2 coin to pay for some chocolate milk. I handed it over to the cashier and gave a big 'TA' when she gave me the milk!

1 comment:

Givinya De Elba said...

Now that's a good story! I am 32, and my Mum and Dad remember when I was your age and wanted a ride on a little ride at the shops like the Noddy one you saw.

I got very upset when the ride stopped and I screamed, "Money-money-money-money-MONEEEYYY!!!"

True story. How embarrassing.

My life in pictures