Sunday 1 November 2009

Feature length

We are all a bit under the weather today.

That is probably the excuse dad will use when explaining what happened today.

He let me watch Star Wars.

The whole movie.

I've been a little obsessed with Storm Troopers ever since we saw them in the park a couple of months ago.

I've also bugged mum time and again to watch a 40 second clip of a Storm Trooper dancing on Youtube.

Which leads us to this afternoon. Dad was feeling sick. Mum went out. I was in the mood for some Storm Troopers. Dad was not in the mood for repeats of 40 second dancing Storm Trooper videos. He wanted to lie down.

So we compromised. He lay down in front of the telly, and I got to watch my Storm Troopers.

Now, in his defense it was Episode 4. That's the real first episode of Star Wars and there's not a lot of 'grown up' stuff in it, apart from lots of bright lasers and cool space ships. And Storm Troopers!

I didn't quite make it to the end of the film. I wandered off just before the attack on the Death Star. And it doesn't look like that DVD will be put into heavy rotation like the Wiggles or Veggie Tales.

I think I might have to wait until I'm 7 or 8 before I can see it again. Or until dad has another sick day...

No comments:

My life in pictures