Saturday 18 July 2009

Footy twins

I found a couple of footy jerseys in the cupboard this afternoon.

Over the years (the two that I've been alive) dad has taken great pleasure in buying me sports related items. I've got 5 football jerseys now*, which he explained to mum will keep me dressed for a few good years of barracking.

Mum helped me into the size 2 shirt, and I requested we give the other one to daddy.

"Daddy footy?" I asked.

So I met him in the study and shoved my size 0 jersey into his hands.

He said there was a pretty good chance it wouldn't fit him, but he would go and grab his own jersey.

Not only did he get his jersey, he got two footy scarves from the cupboard.

We put them on. And cheered for the Lions. And they won.

*All on special, and all different sizes. Just in case you thought we were really weird.

1 comment:

Givinya De Elba said...

Hi G3! I've read your stories before and now I feel bad for not commenting. Maybe my throat was sore and I didn't want to say anything? No, that mustn't be it. Maybe sore fingers? Anyway.

I've met you now! I will read you more often, and I will leave comments for you. I didn't think you were weird for having 5 football jerseys, I thought it was a good idea.

My boy doesn't know much about footy because his Dad and Mum don't know much - maybe you'll have to teach him about it?

My life in pictures