Sunday 19 July 2009

One more mouthful...

Mum and dad try to be cool about food.

They don't want to be those parents who obsess about how many mouthfuls I eat.

But there are times that my effort just doesn't justify getting any dessert.

And that's when I'm told 'one more mouthful and then you can have ice-cream'

But sometimes I don't want one more mouthful.

Fortunately I think I found a loophole today.

I opened my mouth wide, and let dad put the spoon in.

Then, after he said 'good boy' and turned around to get me my ice-cream, I spat the food out.

Yeah, I'm so clever. Or so I thought.

Unfortunately the food landed on mum's shiny clean floor. Apparently swallowing is the main part of the whole 'eating experience'.

I was not met with smiles. Or ice cream.

Lesson learned. For now...

No comments:

My life in pictures