Friday 23 April 2010

He's hiding

Dad showed me a big caterpillar on our lemon tree this afternoon.

He showed me where it had been eating the leaves.

He flicked if off the tree and said "don't eat our tree". I repeated this phrase and wagged my finger at the caterpillar.

Dad took me inside, and told me he'd be 'back in a second'.

I asked if I could go back outside to inspect the bright green bug again.

I couldn't find him.

Dad said he was gone*.

There was a big rock where the caterpillar had been.

Mum, who had been putting the clothes on the line, wondered if it was hiding.

"He hiding?" I said.

Then I put my hands over my eyes and counted to ten.

"Where are you" I asked to the spot the caterpillar was munching only minutes earlier.

I didn't find him.






*Yes, THAT kind of 'gone'.


No comments:

My life in pictures