Sunday 13 June 2010

Home alone

I had a long afternoon sleep today.

While I was asleep, Mum realised we needed a few grocery supplies.

Dad was planting trees in the backyard.

"Keep an ear out for him" Mum told Dad, "If he wakes up and can't find anyone, he'll get scared and cry."

Turns out I'm braver than I'm given credit for.

Dad did keep an ear out. And he didn't hear anything.

But he did see something; when he peered in the windows he saw that the venetian blinds were all askew.

He raced inside to find me in the study, perched up on the office chair, my hands covered in sticky tape and many, many Internet Explorer windows open on the computer.

"Who did that to the blinds Noah?" he asked me.

"Daddy?" I suggested.

"Nope" Dad said, "I'm Daddy and I didn't do it".

So I fessed up. About the blinds. And about the sticky tape. And about the computer.

"I sorry Daddy. I not do it ever ever again"

And chances are I won't get left alone in the house ever ever again.

No comments:

My life in pictures