Saturday 19 June 2010

Regression

Ever since I started wearing undies, Mum has lived in great fear that one day I would do A Public Wee.

I've never done one...

...until today.

And it meant our trip to Funnings wasn't actually that fun. For Dad, that is. Because we men were on our own.

It had all gone so well up to that point.

We had shared our usual sausage-on-bread at the start of the trip, and then I pushed my little trolley while Dad filled it up with the things we needed.

Then, just as Dad was choosing a pair of secateurs, he noticed something shiny on the floor.

A little puddle of some sort.

Oh no! I'd done A Public Wee! Actually, I was still in the process of doing A Public Wee.

In a panic, Dad looked around for something to mop it up with. Not an easy task in a hardware store. So we did what most fathers and their small sons would do in such a situation. We fled.

Back at the car, I was relieved of my sodden undies, my tracksuit pants, socks and shoes. And I quite enjoyed my semi-nude return car trip.

But I did remember to say a fairly sincere 'sorry Mum'a'Dad' when we got home.

1 comment:

Givinya De Elba said...

That's alright, I'm sure that some work experience kid mopped it up thinking it was a roof leak.

My life in pictures