Tuesday 7 October 2008

Let go

I am a happy baby and I enjoy cuddles. I am also a very cautious baby and do not, as a rule, take risks.

But I do not like it when someone puts their arm out to stop me falling off something. If I choose to sit perched on the armrest of the couch to watch Night Garden then that's my business. Put a protective arm around me and I will soon tell you what to do with it. But I should have been a bit more careful this afternoon.

Mum was lying on the bed having a rest and I was supposed to be getting sleepy myself. But instead I was crawling around and getting a bit too close to the edge for mum's liking. She kept putting her hand out to hold me and I kept picking up her hand and putting it back where it came from. But then disaster struck when I gave mum's hand such a big shove that the force of it propelled me backwards and I sailed right over the edge of the bed and landed with a thud.

As you might expect, I cried like the sky was falling. But mum thinks it was my pride which bore the brunt of the fall.

No comments:

My life in pictures