Thursday 16 October 2008

On the 'roids

I'm on Steroids.

For my bark.

Yep, on top of my sore mouth, and my ear infection, I can now add croup.

I went to bed a little bit miserable, and woke up an hour later very miserable, and with a loud bark-like cough.

I was finding it hard to breathe so mum and dad hot footed it to the hospital. A few minutes(and a few dollars!) later we had a diagnosis; croup.

Between my barking bouts I was doing my best to be the normal happy-go-lucky toddler...As we were walking in to the emergency ward a ute drove past and I waved and said 'allo'...It made mum and dad smile - even in the midst of being sick, I'm still me.

The doctor said night #3 is the worst for croup, so that's something we're not looking forward to. But by next week all should be right.

No comments:

My life in pictures