Monday 13 October 2008

Watermelon

After some cool, wet weather, it finally a bit warmer today so mum celebrated by giving me my first big piece of watermelon. I've had watermelon in small cubes once or twice before, but this was a big, smiley face shaped piece...

Brilliant!

I loved it, probably mostly because it's a fruit, but also because it's cold and squishy.

Mum cut me a big wedge of the quarter-watermelon and I polished it off very quickly. A second wedge followed and I soon put that away too. Mum was having trouble keeping up with me so eventually just popped the rest of the watermelon on my high chair tray and I got stuck into it.
Soon there was watermelon all over my singlet, all down my pants, stuck up in my fingernails, and none at all left to eat!

Watermelon might not be very filling but eating lots of it could explain why I didn't have much dinner tonight. Either that, or because there were only baked beans on offer and I only eat fruit. But mum and dad were determined not to give into my demands for 'narnar!' and make me eat the main meal. I did not. I think I should expect round two tomorrow night.

No comments:

My life in pictures