Sunday 5 April 2009

Bedtime routine

In addition to my love of 'dabba dabba' and 'choo choo' I am appreciating stories from books more than ever.

My favourite is called "Growl" - it's a bout a little monster who saves the day by growling - and I love to growl along with the storyteller.

When it's time to go to bed I'll go and get a book from the bookshelf and climb into bed with mum or dad. It's usually been mum lately, because she's got a new knack of getting me to sleep.

We read a story, and then i'll get out of bed, take the book, and put it back on the shelf. Then I'll grab another one and we'll read it too. This can be repeated up to three times.

Then mum will say 'time to press the button'. The button is the light switch. I stand up on my little blue chair and reachas high as I can to turn off the light.

Then we go back to bed and my job is to lie down straight away and not carry on with any monkey business. Mum says she'll lie down with me as long as I don't carry on. five minutes alter I'm usually asleep. Sometimes mum is too!

No comments:

My life in pictures