Tuesday 11 August 2009

Paper planes

Mum had to go to the city for work today so her usual Tuesday job of looking after me was outsourced to Olive and Harvey's mum.

I was very excited when I found out I'd get to play all day with 'the kids'.

I even sang a bit of a song with 'lyrics' peppered with 'Harveeeey' on the way to their house.

Harvey showed me how to make a paper aeroplane. I tried to copy the way he folded the paper, but what I ended up with was a crumpled ball which I flew by throwing it hard.

Later, we all went to Playgroup and, according to the reports mum got back, my behaviour was perfect.

My behaviour was a little less than perfect when mum arrived to collect me later in the afternoon. I did not want to go home and made my feelings clear. But mum cheered me up by turning up the stereo and listening to The Lads in the car on the way home. We've even worked out some actions to their songs.

The paper plane making continued when dad got home from work. Fortunately we had a pile of junk mail in the letter box, and now we have a whole squadron of brightly coloured planes scattered around the living room floor.

No comments:

My life in pictures