Saturday 8 August 2009

A two year old at a 95th birthday party

We had a big birthday party for Mummy B today.

We had a couple of hours setting up. Most of my time was spent between the bowl of cheezels and grandad who was getting the PA system working. When it was clear I wasn't going to get to yell in the microphone I headed back to the cheezels. I also managed to knock over all the toothpicks on the snacks table.

As the people started to arrive I clicked into social mode. I think I managed to have a chat to everyone at the party. I did not want to sit still at all.

When the speeches started I decided to visit aunty Lyndall. She was sitting next to Mummy B at the table at the front of the room. After a couple of trips back and forth between the front table and the table dad was sitting at up the back, I decided to crawl under the 'guest of honour' table. I got stuck. Properly. While the speeches were on dad had to come up the front and extract me. It was harder than he thought. I had wedged myself between the legs and crossbars of two tables. I was giggling, and dad started to laugh when he realised how stuck I was. Most of the action was obscured by the table cloth, but by the time we got out there were quite a few eyes on us. We quickly made our way outside and I ran around on the grass while dad tried to gain his composure.

More chips, more chats, and lots of playing. It was a bit day, and I didn't have time for a sleep.

Mum and dad claim they were quite exhausted after running around after me today.

No comments:

My life in pictures