Friday 19 March 2010

Old friends and cousins

Today might just have been one of my favourite days.

Mum and I hit the road to do some visiting.

First stop was my friend Olive who lives in a new town now. We haven't seen each other for a few months. Mum thought we might be a bit shy with each other. But we weren't. And every now and then Mum caught us giving each other little hugs. We're good friends, we are.

Next stop was Mum's cousin and her two kids Joash and Ezra. Joash is two years older than me but Ezra is my age. I wasn't shy around them but I did take a while to warm up to the family pets. As we arrived, I gave Mum a worried look and pointed with each hand at the dog on the balcony and the cat in the lounge and said, 'A hat and a dog, Mummy'.

Mum then left me for an hour to do some visiting of her own. Her friend Michelle has just had a new baby. I wasn't told about the new baby because otherwise I'd have insisted on coming along to give it a hug. But I didn't need an explaination; I was just happy to play.

When Mum came to collect me I was with the kids in the backyard and was busy going up and down the slide. It was my first foray back on a slide since I decided a few months ago I was scared of them.

Then it was time to go home. Mum tried to keep me awake for the trip by pointing out bridges and tunnels and roadworks. But eventually I fell fast asleep.

No comments:

My life in pictures