Saturday 13 March 2010

Staying power

Do you remember how I stayed up until midnight on New Years Eve?

Tonight, I managed to beat my already impressive record.

We drove to the coast this afternoon to have dinner at Anita and Jim's place with Trevor, Lauryn, Tom and Derek.

Trevor and Lauryn's two kids are a little bit older than me. It took me a few minutes to overcome my shyness but soon I was running around and playing happily.

It helped that Byron is the one who originally steered me towards my love of Star Wars. It helped even more that he'd brought his Star Wars Lego. I was very impressed.

While the grown-ups ate fancy food, we kids munched on chips and watched Kung-fu Panda. And then it was past nine and it was decided that kids should go to bed.

Byron and Darcy went downstairs to the room where they were staying. And Mum took me to our room. But I was too excited to sleep. After several failed attempts by both Mum and Dad, I was declared the winner in the battle of wills.

So I wandered about the deck, sitting on laps and showing various people my spaceship book. When I noticed a box of chocolates had turned up, I strategically avoided asking Mum and Dad and instead asked Derek on the far side of the table if he could give me one. He did.

Mum and Dad were a bit embarrassed that I was up so late. But everyone kept telling me how cute I was and what a good boy I was. And I'm not one to miss out on that sort of attention.

By 12:30 everyone was tired and I finally joined the grown-ups in going to bed, still insisting that I wasn't really tired yet.

No comments:

My life in pictures