Sunday 2 May 2010

Moses

I'm not a fan of the creche at our church.

Mum thinks I find it 'too unstructured'.

Whatever that means.

I just know that if an adult takes me to the creche, they'd better plan on staying for the duration.

But when you turn three at our church you become a 'midget'.

That's more like proper Sunday School.

Since my birthday is only a couple weeks away, Mum decided we'd road test Midgets today.

I sat very close to my friend Claire and kept watch that Mum stuck around too.

The story was about Moses, and how little baby boys got chucked in a river.

Mum didn't think I was taking much in, given that I seemed preoccupied with making sure that she and Claire stuck by me.

But it turns out I was listening.

Later, when Mum took me to the toilet, I started telling her a bit about Moses.

'Dat baby got in da river', I said. 'Wif da wokafiles (crocodiles)'.

'Umm, that's right', said Mum.

'But we not poop our baby in da river, no Mummy, we not do dat' I said firmly.

'No' Mum agreed, 'We won't put our baby in the river'.


1 comment:

Givinya De Elba said...

Oh Little One. That Bible story, above most others, shocks me to the core whenever I hear it. I do NOT know how I could tell it to children gently, without completely omitting the terrible truth. It gives me a fright every time I hear it. And I am a full thirty years plus your meagre three.

And Sweet Pea, we will all be looking after your baby very carefully :)

My life in pictures