Wednesday 5 May 2010

Naughty boy

There's a boy at my Kindy.

Who's a bit naughty.

Mum says we can't use his real name.

So we'll call him Fred.

I get great delight in telling Mum and Dad all about the naughty things Fred does.

"He throw sand!"

"He push the kids!"

"I say, 'You stop it Fred. You be a naughty boy. I don't like it"

But I have a tendency to blame Fred. Even when we're at home. And Fred is nowhere to be seen.

"Don't jump on the couch" Mum will say.

"Fred do dat", I'll reply. "He a naughty boy"

"Well, you're being naughty when you do it too" Mum will reply.

To which I'll give her my best shocked-and-hurt look, along with some indignant protests.

"I not a naughty boy...

...I a very good boy...

...I do da right thing!" I'll say.

"Fred...he da naughty boy!"




No comments:

My life in pictures