Thursday 13 September 2007

Christmas in September

Sleep is as scarce as the rain around here today.

It started last night when I wouldn't settle, and when I finally got to sleep I only lasted until 10:30. That's early. After many shush's and pats I went back to sleep only to wake up again at about 1am. After another feed and some shush's I woke up around 5am. Mum dragged me into the big bed and handed me over to a very drowsy dad.

"He's all yours" she said and rolled over. Dad was more than half asleep. I was more than half awake. In the past dad has successfully sung and talked me to sleep, so he started to sing a little song.

I don't know why he chose the song he chose, he doesn't know either. It's not the first song that comes to mind for sending crying babies to sleep, but it was the first song that popped out;

"Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way..."

It worked.

Soon we were all dreaming of sleighbells...

No comments:

My life in pictures