Monday 10 September 2007

Gurgling and grabbing

I'm still gurgling.

I woke up this morning at the usual time, and dad was a bit too tired to come in and get me, so he tried to ignore the sound on the baby monitor, and moaned something along the lines of 'go back to sleep, little baby'. The crying stopped, and a newly familiar sound streamed through the little speaker sitting on dad's bedside table. A gurgle!

Two hours later we all woke up. Everyone was quite impressed with my self soothing skills.

Lying on my playmat later in the day mum spied me grabbing and holding and trying to stick the little green frog mobile in my mouth. I couldn't quite pull it far enough to get it to my mouth. My grabbing skills are not very sophisticated yet, but I'll end up attaching my hand to what I'm after more often than not. The next thing I need to master is letting go!

No comments:

My life in pictures