Tuesday 25 September 2007

Up and down x 3

We've got a new night time system. Yes, I know what you're thinking, 'another system'! This one's simple; Dad is on duty for the PM hours, and mum's on AM duty.

After my bath and a story (tonight we read about Esther and Mordecai) I'll sleep for about three hours.

This is what has happened after our bedtime prayer for the past two nights;

Around the time dad is thinking about going to bed himself, I'll wake up and grizzle. The grizzle soon turns into a big cry. Dad comes in and picks me up. He paces around with me until I settle. He puts me back in the cot. I settle for about fifteen seconds and then get an impressive case of the squirmy faces (this is sometimes followed by a fart, or just another big cry). He picks me up again. I settle down. He puts me back in the cot. I start crying before my head hits the pillow. He picks me up. He paces. I settle down. He puts me in the cot. I squirm and cry there's no tomorrow. He picks me up. He thinks about sitting down in mum's feeding chair. He decides to keep pacing. We wait until I am properly asleep. He places me carefully in the cot. I wake up, properly. I cry. He picks me up. He sits in the feeding chair. I settle straight away. He waits. He puts me down in the cot. I squirm silently. He thinks he's done it. I cry. He picks me up. I settle. He puts me down, I squirm silently. He waits. He waits. He waits. He pretty confident this time is THE time. Success! I stay asleep until about 1am. Phew.

By that time dad's clocked off and mum gives me a feed and I sleep until breakfast time.

No comments:

My life in pictures