Friday 28 September 2007

Rollin'

What a day!

It all started with me sleeping in, and the household being woken by the garbageman at 8 o'clock. Dad says he might have to plug in the alarm clock again, but he was very happy to have such a long sleep. I even had a long sleep during the day.

And then I rolled over.

I've been practicing all the necessary moves over the past few days. I've easily made it onto my side before, but up until today I haven't taken that extra step of doing a full 180.

Dad put me on my playmat for a bit of tummy time. I held my head up for a good minute or so, and then I did a move that landed me on my side, butted up against my turtle toy. So dad moved the turtle, and moved me back onto my tummy, but this time with lots of space around me. Then he and mum started to cheer me on, like I was a footballer going for a goal.

I did the move that landed me on my side. They cheered even more, like it was a semi final. I stayed on my side for quite a while, and then I slowly let myself flop onto my back. Mum and dad went crazy, like I just won the grand final. I looked at them, summed up my new position, screwed up my face and let out a little cry. Mum picked me up and I smiled.

No comments:

My life in pictures