Sunday 23 September 2007

Nailed

I'm not fat like other babies. It's probably because I come from lean stock, and you know what they say, 'you can't fatten a thoroughbred'. But I've come up with another possible reason for being skinny. I'm sending all my energy to my fingernails.

They're growing like crazy.

Now, there's a couple of issues with trimming baby fingernails. They're pretty small things. I have tiny hands, and on those tiny hands are tiny fingers, and on those tiny fingers are tiny nails. Secondly, I don't stay still for very long. Bringing a sharp instrument anywhere near a baby who insists of waving arms and legs around like a traffic policeman is not for the faint hearted.

We've got some special baby nail scissors. In fact, we have ended up collecting three nail clippers of varying designs, all especially for babies. But even with them dad chickened out and commissioned mum with the task of trimming my nails. He did lend some moral support in the form of telling her "don't chop off the top of the finger". She didn't.

That was a week ago, and it's time to trim them again, and neither mum or dad are rushing to do it...

1 comment:

PrincessKJ said...

I have a girlfriend that used to bite her baby's nails off- grossed me out a bit. I love this blog Noah!

Kirsty

My life in pictures