Sunday 7 September 2008

Hello beach

We're on holidays!

Mum and dad have been careful to re-introduce me to the surf in a slow, friendly, methodical way.

Firstly we walked along the water's edge just so I could get used to the sound of the surf. When I was really little I found the surf very loud, and not much to my liking.

Next, mum and dad grabbed an arm each and lifted me up into the air, and then down into the water as the waves ebbed and flowed...I didn't really like it, but gritted my teeth and bared it. Then mum decided to lower me into the water – it would have been up to my ankles – not very deep.

We sat there for a while, mum paying close attention to my reaction. In fact she paid such good attention to me that the attention to the actual surf wasn't...Suddenly a big wave (big to me, knee height to an adult) came through and totally dunked me! Dunked mum too, because she was sitting down. I was so shocked I didn't cry immediately, I ended up with a very screwed up face, and sand and water all over me...I eventually cried, and then settled down, and when we got back to the unit and took my togs off I dropped a big lot of sand on the bathroom floor!

No comments:

My life in pictures