Friday 19 September 2008

In the sky

I had my first plane trip today!

Mum was nervous but I was full of beans. As soon as we arrived in the departure lounge, I spied a friendly older couple and crawled over to say hello. I took my chirpiness onto the plane with me and gave a big hello, with a wave, to the people sitting behind us. But then it was time to get strapped in. A nice lady in the departure lounge had given us a lollypop for me to suck on while the plane was taking off, so that I wouldn't get sore ears. Well no one told me how to eat a lollypop so I just did what came naturally. I bit down so hard my arms went shaky and when I came up for air, there was a big chunk of lollypop missing! Mum and Grandma thought it was very funny that I had finished the whole lollypop before we'd even taken off.

When we arrived in Canberra, I met my new cousin Oliver. He is very small. I gave him a quick inspection, but then moved onto something more interesting – Uncle David and Aunty Lisa's dog Poppy. She is a friendly dog but she barks when she gets excited and it always gives me a fright and I sometimes cry.

No comments:

My life in pictures