Saturday 20 September 2008

'No'

I have learned to say 'no'.

I have long been able to indicate the sentiment by way of a big whinge or a turn of my head or a flap of my arms. But today I pointed my finger, shook my fist and shouted 'No! No! No!'

It was all over Poppy, my new puppy friend. I like her but she sometimes barks a bit too loudly and gives me a fright and tries to lick the bits of food left stuck to my shirt and pants. So I tell her who's boss!

Well, from a safe distance. Mum and grandma think it's quite funny that I only shout at Poppy when she's away from me, and never when she's up close. I'm not quite that brave.

Later that day, back at our apartment, I met mum's good friends Andrea and Kate. They'd never met me before and mum was hoping I'd be on my very best behaviour. I wasn't. I was tired and a bit whingy. But they still told me I was very cute.

No comments:

My life in pictures