Thursday 18 September 2008

Meeting chicks

I met a chicken today!

A baby chicken.

I have tasted chicken before and, like most kinds of meat, I don't like it very much. But this was the first time I met a real live one.

We were staying with Aunty Pam and Uncle Tom in Brisbane so we could get an early start for our big plane trip the next day. And after dinner mum's cousin Joel brought in a tiny baby chicken for me to meet. Mum stayed close by to make sure I didn't get too friendly, but I just poked out my finger and gave it a very gentle touch on its tummy. Because the chickens are just babies they spend the night in a little cage near the kitchen. So I crawled over to visit a few times while all the grown-ups were having coffee. But the main reason I was in the kitchen was because I had found a cool toy car to play with and I spend the whole night before bedtime driving it up and down the kitchen floor.

No comments:

My life in pictures