Tuesday 23 September 2008

Walker

I am a walker!

I walked in the kitchen, and I walked in the family room.

There were cheers.

Mum was on the phone to Dad, and when she looked over to the kitchen to see what I was up to, I wasn't head first in the tupperware cupboard like she expected me to be...I was walking! Mum called for Aunty Lyndall to come and I spent the next few minutes walking between the two of them, the whole width of the family room. Later that afternoon we met dad for a picnic in the park, but I was finished with the business of walking by that time and was quite happy to crawl in the grass.

I also went to see Colin Buchanan in concert. We know his songs quite well, he's one of the people I rock out to. He's also the only kid's album we have. I knew the very first song that came on and was immediately on my feet, standing on mum's lap, and waving my arms up and down in my very best air drum moves. But then Colin burst onto stage in a big silver spacesuit and gave me a big fright! I immediately got down and burrowed into mum's hair. I did end up watching most of the show, but with a very serious expression on my face and with one hand firmly in mum's hair for security.

No comments:

My life in pictures