Thursday 11 September 2008

'you have to say....'

We went out for tea tonight and I got to play with Byron and Darcy. I haven't been to their place since I was a little fella. I got to eat with the other kids at the big coffee table in the loungeroom. Dad sat next to me, because I wasn't strapped into the little chair, and there was always the chance I'd make an untimely exit from the table!

At one stage Byron brought some star wars toys to the table, and being an excitable young fella, I reached in to grab one. Byron said 'you have to ask me for a toy'. I just grabbed another one. He was a little confused, he has to say 'please' and 'may I have a toy' and other polite things, but this little intruder was getting away with no politeness. He made one last ditched effort to get me to respect his authority, 'you have to say, 'Byron may I play with your toys'. I reached out and grabbed the C3P0 from him. All the grown ups had to hold back the giggles, as Byron's mum explained to him that I wasn't being rude, just that I don't understand all the complexities of manners and such. Mum swooped in and grabbed me, just in case I got the hankering to grab R2D2. Negotiations between little people is more confusing than the UN.

No comments:

My life in pictures