Tuesday 24 March 2009

Mine Ball

I learned a lesson in sharing today.

Mum took me for a walk to the park. I brought my ball along for the trip and had fun throwing it back and forth to mum. Then along came a friend of mum's with her little girl who is a bit smaller than me. When I threw my ball, I didn't expect her to go and get it! I gave mum a panicked look, grabbed her hand and said "Mine ball!". Mum agreed that it was my ball but it might be nice to share. I went up to the little girl, held out my hand and in a very nice, polite voice said, "Ta?" It worked! She gave it back and then we played for a bit together.

Later on, while playing in the backyard with dad, which has become our after work ritual, I initiated my first High Five. I ran towards dad with my hand in the air, palm out, yelling 'Hi Bai' 'Hi Bai' - it took him a few seconds to translate, but he figured it out, and gave me a high-five and I was pleased as punch.

No comments:

My life in pictures