Sunday 8 March 2009

Sleepover club

Today I had my very first sleepover.

Mum and dad were going to a concert in Brisbane and they would be back very late.

They dropped me off at grandma and grandad's church, where the service had just finished. I took grandad's hand and, without a backwards glance, tried to pull him inside to where I could hear kids playing. 'He's not lacking in confidence' grandad observed.

I had a sleep when we got home and then I was ready for my walk to the Japanese Gardens to visit the ducks. Grandma usually takes me there in the stroller. But today I wanted none of that. I insisted on walking, holding onto the stroller, the whole way there. Then, after a few minutes in the stroller on the way home, I was ready to walk again.

Grandma was very impressed with my new words and counting skills. I counted two apples. And I was impressed that she had bought me a whole packet of new balls! You can never have too many.

No comments:

My life in pictures