Thursday 5 June 2008

The carpet, the painter, and the cupboard

Dad and I hung out at the new house this morning.

I was very taken watching the painter paint the cupboard doors.

We noticed some paint had been spilled on the good carpet in the loungeroom, so dad thought it would be good to make a make-shift mat out of the old carpet we are geting rid of, to save the rest of it...So he put me down, grabbed a knife and got to work.

I was in an exploring mood, and every time he plonked me down I shot off to have a good look around. The floor is still a bit dirty, and there's little carpet nails everywhere. Not the most baby-friendly place in the world. So dad had to keep picking me up and putting me in a safe spot, grabbing the knife, cutting a few centimetres of carpet, and repeating the whole process when I ventured a bit too close to the danger areas.

Oh for a safe place to sit still.

Then dad remembered my recent aversion to climbing down steps.

We've got recently painted cupboards, all clean and ready for clothes and stuff. They've got a drop about 5 cms off the floor. Would that be enough?

Yes it would be! He plonked me down inside the cupboard. With the doors open, of course! But I stayed put for as long as it took dad to do the job...

No comments:

My life in pictures