Sunday 1 June 2008

First gear, and reverse

I figured out how to drive my little red fire engine today.

I'm a lot better at going backwards, but when I crash into the wall behind me I give a few forward pushes and I'm off. By the reaction I got from dad riding a bike is obviously a big deal.

The fire engine has two buttons, one has a few sound effects and the other one plays a little song. It's supposed to sound like this; "I see a fire truck, a big red shiny fire truck, I see a fire truck coming round the bend". But because the song starts afresh each time the button is pressed, when I'm in control this is how it sounds, "I see a, I see a, I see a fire, I see a fire truck, I see a, I see a..." And if you think it's annoying to read that sentence, wait until you hear it!

But that wasn't the only thing I discovered. I was doing my usual 'grab the remote' routine when I picked it up, pressed a button, and a video tape poppoed out of the VCR. Wow. I obviusly didn't expect that, and was quite intrigued. Mum caught me before I could explore the little letter box shaped window...They are all on video duty now - they've heard one too many stories of kids and peanut butter sandwiches and video players...Not that I eat peanut butter sandwiches...

No comments:

My life in pictures