Sunday 15 June 2008

Custard vs Cheese

Today it was a battle of entres and desserts in my highchair. And the desserts won!

It all started with me not eating much of my lunch. Avocado sandwiches were on the menu. Then they were on my tray. And then they were on the floor. They never got to my tummy.

Mum later discovered a really big ulcer on the tip of my tongue. Ow! We don't know how it got there, but it's pretty big. So mum decided some cold food would be best for a sore tongue.

We started with one tub of baby yoghurt. When it was finished I put on my sad face. So I polished off another one. Then mum grabbed a cold cheese stick from the fridge. Yum. While I was appily eating the cheese mum was tucking into a 'bee sting' bun. She thought I might like a bit of cold custard. She was right. After the first taste I smiled. After the second taste I forgot all about the cheese stick. Mum went back to her bun, but I had not finished. She picked up my half eaten bit of cheese and offered it to me. I pointed at the bee sting! Laughs all round. I had one more mouthful of custard, but then it was cheese or nothing.

No comments:

My life in pictures