Saturday 1 November 2008

China and thongs and reunions

We had a big day today.

We got up pretty early for a saturday and dived into the car to go and visit aunty Lyndall.

We went to a big second hand sale and I spent most of the time tucked up safely in the pram - mum and dad wanted to be sure I kept my hands to myself - especially with expensive, and breakble, china and glass everwhere. I got a few compliments regarding my good behaviour.

It was pretty hot, and I was wearing my shoes and socks - dad thought it was a bit too hot for shoes and socks so we went to find me some cooler footwear. We got some thongs. Well, not just any thongs, baby havanianas. Tiny versions of the grown up thonngs - but mine have an elastic band at the back to help keep them on. They were $20. Dad said even his thongs didn't cost that much. But at least they're cool.

Then, when you thinkthe day couldn't get any cooler, grandma and grandad G turned up. I haven't seen them for months. I was alseep when they arrived, but after a couple of trips in to watch me sleep, I finally woke up and saw grandma smiling at me. I was a bit sleepy, but still managed to impress them with all the things I've learned since I'd seen them; my walking skills!

No comments:

My life in pictures