Sunday 23 November 2008

Slippery dips

We went out for a barbecue this afternoon.

All the other kids were having fun on a slippery dip. I have had a go on a slippery dip once, at the park down the road, but dad held onto me very tightly that day.

I watched as all the other kids climbed up the steps and slid down. Then I decided I'd give it a go. I didn't really think through the whole thing and when I got to the top of the slide I did an awkward move that got me on my side, with one foot stuck under my bum (it's hard to explain, but you get the idea I wasn't in the traditional slippery-dip launching position). Dad was watching the whole procedure, and at the moment it looked like I was about to launch myself down - he grabbed a hold of me and made sure I would have a safe landing.

I laughed, and promptly climbed the stair again. It only took another two goes for me to figure out a better launchin position, but dad still kept an eye, and a hand, on me as I slid down - because I'm not good at holding my head up straight, and he didn't want me clonking my brains!

No comments:

My life in pictures