Thursday 25 December 2008

The longest day

I slept in this morning. I don't mean til 6 o'clock. Or 7 o'clock. I didn't wake up until 20 to 8, and had to have my bottle on the way to church and my breakfast during the service!

We had all mum's family around to our house for Christmas lunch and there were lots of people to play with. And toys too. Before the official present exchange dad gave me a parcel from him, a pack of my very first toy cars*. He may have been more excited than I was. We played with them until all the family arrived and then we gave, and got, a few more things.

I scored a toy rock and roll guitar (so did uncle Michael and we jammed for a long time afterwards) and I also got a beach set of buckets and a puzzle made from my name and plenty of books and a Thomas the Tank Engine train and another car and probably a few more things too - oh yeah, a Johnny Cash kid's album and some glow in the dark socks!

Before lunch mum suggested that dad put me down for my usual sleep, but I didn't want a bar of that. I got as far as getting out of my church clothes and into my usual daytime sleeping outfit (which is a nappy). I stayed awake during lunch, and then through the afternoon, and then teatime, and was still awake at supper time! All the time I roamed around the house wearing only a nappy! And for year's to come people will probably wonder why I'm half naked in the family photos taken on Christmas day.

*For the trainspotters here are the car details; A Ford GT40, a red Ferrari, a Mini (with '07' on it – my birth year) and a '68 Hotwheels Treasure Hunt.

No comments:

My life in pictures