Friday 18 May 2007

Hard day's night

We made it through the night. All three of us finally got some sleep after 5am.

I was upset for a long time, and certianly let everyone know about it. Dad says I'm building my repertoire of cries. I've got a long one, a gutteral one, a two toned one, and a sad one.

Mum says dad did a splendid job last night. He changed my nappy all by himself (with a little help from me) and figured out the breast pump and got it sterilised - all during hours civilised people are tucked away in bed. I wasn't in the mood for a feed, but I was hungry, so you can just imagine how I handled that little conundrum - with all of my cries!

Come 5am - mum expressed some milk, got it into me via a bottle, dad took me for a walk, sang a few little songs to me, and I fell asleep. And so did they.

We all woke up at 10. 5 hours!

I had a play on my mat with dad - it was my longest 'tummy time' yet.

We've all had a good day, albeit in a slowed down tired fashion. Let's hope tonight I treat my parents to a good night's sleep.

No comments:

My life in pictures