Saturday 26 May 2007

Peas vs Carrots

Mum and dad were talking to a nurse today about me and she told them that an increase in protein means a less gassy, and more importantly, less grumpy baby. Dad says that is good. Not that he's too worried about the gas, he still laughs everytime a foghorn sounds from my nappy. But he likes the idea of a less irritable baby, especially at 3am, so he set off on a mission to the pantry to find out which foods we had contained the most protein.

Mum chose a tuna sandwich for lunch. Protein! Of the three veggies on offer for tea, dad chose peas over corn and carrots, because peas have more protein (at least according to the packet). I think steak is on the menu tomorrow night. He may have gone a bit protein nuts. Speaking of nuts, peanuts are off the menu, because they can give wee little ones allergy problems later on, and I really do want to visit the peanut van in Kingaroy one day.

All this food tampering is in aid of a good cause, but if I continue to fart and grizzle we're back on the carbs, because dad says potatoes are oh-so good!

No comments:

My life in pictures