Sunday 27 May 2007

Let's go out

A few firsts today. We had our first outing today that wasn't to the hospital. It was to church.

We were late.

In defence of my parents there was roadworks, but don't feel too sorry for them. I think the real issue was mum and dad realising more time needs to be allocated than they thought for launching me into the world. Less planning and packing has gone into space missions. My pram, which up until now has been used as a rocking to sleep instrument next to mum and dad's bed, had to be folded up (which took a little more time than it really should have), then dad wasn't happy with the tyre inflation, so he had to find the pump and get them just right. Then my nappy bag had to be refilled. Then, just as we were ready to go out the door, a familiar noise came from under my grey tracksuit pants.

Mum was on high alert when we got to church, I think she was worried I'd launch into one of my loud routines. So as I started to open my mouth during the first song she sought out the creche. It wasn't until after the sermon she and I returned. So at the moment my idea of church is a room full of hyperactive toddlers.

After church I met my uncle David from Canberra. He gave me presents! Lots of fancy new clothes. Unfortunately there's not a lot I can do to entertain my relatives. When people come to stay I'm either sleeping or feeding, and only have a brief window between the two to impress them. I did show the visitors a couple of my cries (not the really special ones, I leave them for 3am) and enough cute moves to keep them smiling, so I think it all went well.

No comments:

My life in pictures