Friday 4 May 2007

View from the womb


I've been in here for almost nine months. I've been a zygote and fetus, but always a human and always loved. Mum and dad have been watching her belly grow and celebrating every milestone I've already made. The first kicks were quite a triumph, and my first scan made both of them cry tears of joy.
I let mum know when I'm awake with a quick jab with my foot to her left side. Sometimes I'll hit her ribs. 'Ow'. She'll call dad and he'll put his hands over her tummy and wait for another kick. He likes it when I 'do a move', that's what he calls it when I roll about. He laughs and says mum's tummy looks like waves on the ocean.

My home is getting smaller and smaller, or is it that I'm getting bigger and bigger? I get the hiccups regularly which gives mum a bit of a laugh. I wonder if giving me a fright would stop them? I did get a fright the other day when the clothes line fell down and made a big loud bang. Mum said I 'did a move'!

Anyway, theres not a lot of photos of me that don't include my rudey bits, so here's one taken from my 12 week scan...I'm a lot bigger now, but still cute!

1 comment:

The Story Teller said...

Hey Your baby is so cool. Are you guys going to have any more? We have 4 and it seems like just yesterday they arrived. Now they are all married and gone.

My life in pictures