Wednesday 23 May 2007

Queenslander!

State of Origin footy is on tonight. This is apparently a very big deal in my family because dad spent all afternoon crafting me my very own maroon singlet. When you're 0000 there isn't much that'll fit you apart from wondersuits and singlets, so dad got a plain white one and went to work...



Mum was a little skeptical, and with good reason, dad is always trying to do weird stuff just because 'it'll be cool'. Two hours after the initial trip to the shop to buy the dye my new outfit was ready! Mum turned out to be quite impressed. And as you can see from the photos (complete with Aunty Lyndall's wonderful shoe socks) it all turned out A-OK.



Of course, we won the match. Dad had to celebrate very quietly. He says he looked like a mime jumping around the room waving his hands every time a try was scored, with the sound turned down.

No comments:

My life in pictures