Tuesday 6 May 2008

It's alive!

I was helping mum clean up the kitchen today.

Well, I was in the kitchen when mum was cleaning it up!

I was messing about it in the bottom drawer, and leaned on the vacuum cleaner. Right on the 'on' switch.

It roared to life.

I recoiled, but didn't lose my nerve. I haven't had a good history with the vacuum cleaner or other loud electrical appliances, so the fact I didn't burst into tears impressed, and relived mum.

I looked at mum, she looked at me, wondering if it would set me off. But I regained my composure, enough that soon afterwards I was doing my best to find the on switch again. I spent the next few minutes trying to do it again, banging on all parts of the vacuum, but I couldn't find the magic bit that made it come alive.

No comments:

My life in pictures