Thursday 1 May 2008

Finger food

In a total turnaround, I've swapped my textbook night time sleeps for textbook daytime sleeps, but it came at a cost. I found it very hard to get to sleep tonight. I had my usual bath/tea/feed regime, but wouldn't go down...I had another feed, a walk around with mum, a walk around with dad, and still I wouldn't go down...Almost four hours after my bedtime I finally went to sleep. Everyone is relieved. Everyone is tired...

The AM part of the day was great. Mum had work lined up at a school, so dad took a holiday to spend the day with me. He's in the process of arranging some flexi time so he and I can hang out while mum is at work. We hope it'll all work out, after all we don't want to use all his holidays up one Thursday at a time!

We played and read stories, and I slept for over two hours before lunch, which happened to be leftover lasagne. A few bits dropped off the spoon as I was eating and, using my pincer grip, I picked each bit up and put it back into the bowl. Dad was quite impressed. I like playing the 'putting things into things' game, and, if dad's reaction is anything to go by, cleaning up after myself at lunchtime is apparently something to be celebrated.

As I was putting the food back in, I figured out I could speed up the whole eating process by bypassing the spoon and diving in with my hands. The first time I've ever tried to feed myself like that. I'm not sure if I'll be allowed to do it often. It made quite a mess.

No comments:

My life in pictures