Monday 21 July 2008

AWAKE!

No time for sleep today, I was busy playing.

I had a half hour snooze before lunch at Grandma's place - the funny thing was it took more than half an hour to get me to sleep...And that was it until 10pm.

That's a long time.

I refused to go to sleep in my cot after tea. Mum tried. And then half an hour later, dad tried. All the tricks were pulled out. None worked.

With both parental options exhausted, dad whispered to mum a secret plan - to take me into their room, all of us hop in bed, and for me to think it was bed time for all of us. Once I fell asleep, the plan would be for mum and dad to dive out of bed and go back to what they would usually do after I've gone to sleep. In this case it was unpacking boxes and watching telly.

Well, one of us did get sleepy. Dad!

I, on the other hand, partied like it was morning.

Pretending to go to sleep so that I would fall asleep only made dad sleepy, and mum cranky. They both did see the funny side, and laughed about it when I finally went to sleep. They resolved to get super strict with bedtime and never let me get over tired again. Uh oh...

No comments:

My life in pictures