Sunday 6 July 2008

Building desks and sitting in boxes

I get sleepy after busy days. Today was doubly busy, because not only did I help mum and dad build the new desk for the study, I was in entertaining mode this afternoon when grandma and aunty Lyndall came for a visit.

It only took one leg of the desk to be put together before I figured out how it worked and grabbed a screwdriver and shoved it in the hole where the screw went. Mum and dad were quite impressed. But they quickly whisked me away before dad got the electric drill out. I liked the electric drill. Dad didn't let me have a go.

When the visitors arrived I made sure to pull out all the stops. I wowed them with my standing-up-in-the-high-chair trick. Even after dad told me not to. A few times.

I showed them how I can climb into a cardboard box.

And I 'chatted' a lot.

After they left we went to pick up pizza for tea, and I fell asleep straight away. Until we got to the shops. Then I cried. When we got going again, and the car sped up, I settled down again. Dad thinks I must be built for speed!

No comments:

My life in pictures