Saturday 19 July 2008

Stand up!


We went to the footy tonight.

My first live game outside the womb.

And to celebrate, I stood unassisted for the first time. Right behind the 50m line at the Western end of Gabba. Dad was taking photos of me and mum after the game and she let go of me and I 'hovered' for a bit, and dad captured the historic milestone for your viewing pleasure. I stood for about a second.

I enjoyed the first bit of the game, but got a bit squirmy in our seats halfway through the first quarter, so mum took me for a walk. The first roar of the crowd gave me a bit of a fright, but I soon got used to it, and fell asleep despite the yelling and cheering and sirens. I got a bigger fright when the team mascot showed up and mum lined me up for a photo. There's something about an oversized lion with sunglasses that didn't seem right, and I did not want to go anywhere near it.

It wasn't all footy and crowds today. It was art and crowds too. We went to the art gallery and saw a Picasso exhibition. Very suave. I was a bit more interested in looking at the people who were looking at the art, than looking at the art myself. But I did point at one big Picasso made up of lots of little dots.

No comments:

My life in pictures