Wednesday 23 July 2008

How to lose socks and impress people

We had a top forecast of 12 degrees today. Cold! Not a good day to discard my socks. Yet that was exactly today's mission.

My technique was to shove my foot to my mouth and then take the sock off with my teeth! It meant my socks got damp, which meant a little extra embarrassment when I flung them off at the library and had the librarian pick them up and hand them back to me.

I also threw my socks off at the swimming pool, in Kmart and in Myer, and finally flung one away, never to be found again, in Coles.

That carry-on did not impress mum very much, but my performance at the pool did. I crawled across the mat! I've never done that before. Usually I sit still and let all the other babies rush to their mums at the other end. Maybe the sock flinging helped my mood, because as soon as I got plonked onto the mat I was off like a shot, crawling to mum.

No comments:

My life in pictures