Sunday 30 December 2007

Two out of three aint bad

I've been entertaining mum and dad with a couple of new tricks.

As mum swooped in to pick me up today - something she does countless times every day - I lifted my arms up. Mum's impressed, she reckon's it's another example of me learning and responding to what's going on.

We had lots of extra pick-ups during the day to test out my new skill.

Speaking of new skills, dad has found a way for me to showcase my interactiveness. By blowing raspberries. He looks me in the eye, sticks his tongue out and makes a noise. I'll wait a moment, have a think, stick my tongue out, and blow a raspberry of my own. Laughs all round.

Now, there is another thing I started to do today which hasn't been met with much excitement at all. I started to whinge when mum left the room. More than once. I wasn't tired or hungry or uncomfortable either. Mum did explain the concept of 'separation anxiety' to me the other day, and how I shouldn't worry if I can't see her, cause she's still around. But it hasn't stopped me getting a little upset if she, or dad, leave the room - even for a few seconds. I usually have a great time playing with my toys by myself, so hopefully this part of today's activities was just a one-off...

No comments:

My life in pictures