Monday 3 December 2007

Social butterfly

Dad joked that I have a busier social life than he does.

This week I'm out most days;

Monday - Mothers group. Mum met up with one of the mums from swimming lesson and it turns out she has her own mothers group for first time mums and their 'pre-walking' babies. A couple of the kids were born the same week as me! Mum says its great to be able to compare notes with other mums in the exact same situation as her. I think she breathed a sigh of relief when another mum announced that her 10 month old wasn't sleeping through the night. Surely I'll be by then...Of course, in true LLR fashion, the first get-together we attended was the last one of the year!

Tuesday - Playgroup. Most kids are a bit older than me and running about. The mums don't talk about the same things as the other group, probably because they're not all first timers.

Wednesday - Swimming. Everyone laughed at my splashing antics last week. I wonder what I'll do to entertain the crowd this time...

Thurdsay - Visiting. Mum caught up with an old uni friend, who happens to have a baby my age. No doubt there will be many stories shared of late nights and dirty nappies!

Friday - The only day in my week free. But there's plenty of time to fill it up. Poor dad, he goes to work, and we have all the fun.

I think I would have broken the 36 second sitting up record, but dad didn't have the stopwatch when we were playing this afternoon. Tomorrow we're aiming to crack the three-quarter of a minute mark! While we weren't timing sit-ups I impressed dad with a move very loosely related to a crawl. Very loosely. But I did move. About a centimetre. But still, a centimere's a centimetre. I seem to have the theory right, it's just a matter of co-ordinating my legs and arms, but at the moment I'm too busy impersonating gorillas and trying to beat my sitting up record to worry about crawling!

No comments:

My life in pictures