Thursday 13 December 2007

On banning rays and Ray Bans

Being an Aussie kid I'm going to be spending a lot of time outside. And if you're outside you need to wear sun protection. And that includes sunnies. I got my first pair this week.

Most baby sunglasses are brightly coloured ugly things an adult wouldn't consider wearing in a million years. Dad thought it would be cool to get some mini 'aviators'. You know, just like pilots wear. They always look good, and as long as Top Gun is cool, they'll always be cool.
We found some. The real deal. Ray Bans. My size. But with a grown up price tag. And that's where the problem lies. It's great to be able to dress kids in good looking stuff. But it's rather hard to justify spending 90 bucks on a pair of tiny sunglasses when both mum and dad's together didn't cost that much!

So I got some Baby Banz. They don't have arms. They have soft velcro straps to wrap right around my head. I smiled when I tried them on in the shop. If we had to get 'baby' looking glasses, we wanted to get them in a proper colour. And the only proper colour for sunnies is black. Unfortunately, the only colours they had in our local shop were pink and blue! How typical! Seeing we're spending more time outside, and because mum wants to take me for some walks, we decided to get them there and then. Function over fashion, right?
Mum and I gave them a test run this afternoon, and they stayed on. And they don't look too bad do they?

No comments:

My life in pictures